Ivory Coast top court declares Ouattara president
Abidjan: Ivory Coast`s Constitutional Council ratified Thursday the results of a presidential election showing that Alassane Ouattara won, reversing an earlier decision to reject them.
The court`s initial rejection of electoral commission results from the November 2010 poll sparked a four-month power struggle between Ouattara and incumbent leader Laurent Gbagbo that killed thousands and displaced more than a million.
Constitutional Council President Paul Yao N`Dre said the top legal body now accepted that Ouattara won the election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security