Jamaica`s ruling party concedes election defeat
Kingston: Jamaica`s ruling party conceded defeat in national elections on Thursday, as preliminary official results showed the party of opposition leader and former Prime Minister Portia Simpson Miller scoring a landslide victory.
"The people have spoken," said Karl Samuda, campaign director of the ruling Jamaica Labor Party. "We have not won," Samuda conceded in his comments to national television.
"We have done what we could on behalf of the people of Jamaica," Samuda added. "There will be another day."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- The Pot Simmers: Beef Politics in UP; Beef Festival in Kerala