Japanese baby boy survives fall from 10th floor
Tokyo: A one-year-old Japanese baby
miraculously survived a ten-floor fall after he was
deliberately pushed down by his father from their apartment.
The baby landed atop a shrubbery at the bottom of the
building, which cushioned its fall and police who rushed to
the spot found him in tears, Japanese Kyodo news agency
The agency said police arrested the boy`s 37-year-old
father Shingo Hashimoto, who later confessed to the crime.
"I tried to kill my son and dropped him out of his
bedroom window after strangling him," the agency quoted the
father as telling the police.
The baby escaped with only minor cuts to his face and
Hashimoto later said that in remorse for the ghastly act he
had alerted the police.
The father was alone with his son at the time of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'