Japanese baby boy survives fall from 10th floor
Tokyo: A one-year-old Japanese baby
miraculously survived a ten-floor fall after he was
deliberately pushed down by his father from their apartment.
The baby landed atop a shrubbery at the bottom of the
building, which cushioned its fall and police who rushed to
the spot found him in tears, Japanese Kyodo news agency
The agency said police arrested the boy`s 37-year-old
father Shingo Hashimoto, who later confessed to the crime.
"I tried to kill my son and dropped him out of his
bedroom window after strangling him," the agency quoted the
father as telling the police.
The baby escaped with only minor cuts to his face and
Hashimoto later said that in remorse for the ghastly act he
had alerted the police.
The father was alone with his son at the time of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption