Jewel thief captured by DNA after kissing captive
London: A jewel thief in France who kissed the owner of a jewellery shop during a robbery was nabbed after police analysed the DNA on the victim`s cheek.
The robber had kissed the 56-year-old woman apologetically after gagging her for hours. According to the French newspaper Le Parisien, two masked men tied the jeweller up in her home last year.
The men apparently poured petrol over the woman`s head threatening to light it unless she co-operated.
One of the thieves then went to the shop, stealing cash and jewels, while the other stood guard over the woman, `Sky News` reported.
Before releasing her, the man planted a kiss on her cheek. She then alerted the police, explaining in detail what had happened.
A forensic team swabbed her cheek and the man`s DNA was found in the national genetic print database.
He was traced to a jail in Nimes, southern France, where he had been arrested on suspicion of other thefts.
The man told police that he had kissed the jeweller to "allay her trauma".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'