Jewish religious ritual causes bomb scare on US flight
United Nations: A misunderstanding about a
Jewish religious ritual, which includes wearing a sacred box
on the head on Thursday caused a "bomb scare" in a US flight
resulting in its diversion to Philadelphia.
The scare was caused after a 17-year-old boy tried to use
a prayer object called a "Tefillin", used by orthodox and
observant Jews in prayers.
The teenager reportedly alarmed his fellow passengers on
a flight from New York to Kentucky when he took out the object
in his possession who then informed the plane`s crew and the
pilot decided to divert the plane and land quickly.
Tefillin are a set of small cubic leather boxes painted
black, containing scrolls of parchment inscribed with verses
from the Bible. One box is strapped to the arm while the
other box is placed on the head.
After landing in the Philadelphia International Airport,
the Jewish was questioned by the police but not charged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday