Jewish religious ritual causes bomb scare on US flight
United Nations: A misunderstanding about a
Jewish religious ritual, which includes wearing a sacred box
on the head on Thursday caused a "bomb scare" in a US flight
resulting in its diversion to Philadelphia.
The scare was caused after a 17-year-old boy tried to use
a prayer object called a "Tefillin", used by orthodox and
observant Jews in prayers.
The teenager reportedly alarmed his fellow passengers on
a flight from New York to Kentucky when he took out the object
in his possession who then informed the plane`s crew and the
pilot decided to divert the plane and land quickly.
Tefillin are a set of small cubic leather boxes painted
black, containing scrolls of parchment inscribed with verses
from the Bible. One box is strapped to the arm while the
other box is placed on the head.
After landing in the Philadelphia International Airport,
the Jewish was questioned by the police but not charged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das