Jindal, Palin at bottom in Conservative straw poll
Indian-American Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal and former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin each received three per cent of the total votes to end at the bottom of the conservative straw poll among the top 10 Republican names.
Kentucky Senator Rand Paul, with 25 per cent of the votes, emerged winner of the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) straw poll, which is considered one way to gauge where the conservative base stands on potential Republican nominees for the 2016 presidential elections.
According to organisers, Florida Senator Marco Rubio received 23 per cent of the some 3,000 votes polled from the attendees of the four-day Conservative Political Action Conference, which concluded outside Washington yesterday.
Former Republican presidential aspirant Rick Santorum received eight per cent of the total votes, while New Jersey Governor Chris Christie received seven per cent and Congressman Paul Ryan, who was the vice presidential candidate in the 2012 elections, got six per cent of the votes.
Releasing results of its straw poll, organizers said Jindal and Palin each received three per cent of the votes.
Of late Jindal has caught national attention because of his impressive speeches including those at the CPAC conference.
While the ballot included 23 Republicans, Jindal and Palin were ranked ninth and 10th and the last two among those named. Rest of the candidates received 14 per cent of the votes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Amethi: Rahul Gandhi faces protests from angry villagers
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'