John Kerry calls Hamid Karzai ahead of his India trip
Washington: US Secretary of State John Kerry called Afghan President Hamid Karzai ahead of the latter`s trip to India this week.
"They discussed the joint progress on the bilateral security agreement, border issues and the status of the ongoing peace process," the State Department spokesperson, Jen Psaki, told reporters yesterday.
"Kerry also affirmed that he and President Karzai remain committed to the same strategy and the same goal of a stable, sovereign Afghanistan, responsible for its own security and able to ensure that it can never again be a safe haven for terrorists," Psaki said.
This was the first phone call between the two leaders after the recently held Pakistan general elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Good news! Shahid Kapoor and wifey Mira Rajput blessed with a baby girl
- Obama establishes world`s largest marine reserve in Hawaii
- Canadian twins plead guilty to terrorism, face jail time
- Apple issues update after cyber weapon captured
- Pakistani man who made deer skin sandals for Shah Rukh Khan arrested