Julian Assange hires PR firm to rebuild ‘ruined’ image
Sydney: Julian Assange, the founder of the WikiLeaks website, has appointed a public relations firm after a series of damaging blows to his image.
The whistleblower, who is on bail during his fight to avoid extradition to Sweden over sexual assault allegations, has taken a battering in the media as his personal life is scrutinised.
The 39-year-old has hired firm Borkowski, a London-based public relations firm, owned by master publicist Mark Borkowski, reports the Sydney Morning Herald.
A four-member team is now dealing with media enquiries about him and also holding an online weekly media conference to deliver messages from him and WikiLeaks.
Assange has also signed a GBP 1 million book deal to tell his life story.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray