Julian Assange hires PR firm to rebuild ‘ruined’ image
Sydney: Julian Assange, the founder of the WikiLeaks website, has appointed a public relations firm after a series of damaging blows to his image.
The whistleblower, who is on bail during his fight to avoid extradition to Sweden over sexual assault allegations, has taken a battering in the media as his personal life is scrutinised.
The 39-year-old has hired firm Borkowski, a London-based public relations firm, owned by master publicist Mark Borkowski, reports the Sydney Morning Herald.
A four-member team is now dealing with media enquiries about him and also holding an online weekly media conference to deliver messages from him and WikiLeaks.
Assange has also signed a GBP 1 million book deal to tell his life story.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'