Julian Assange hires PR firm to rebuild ‘ruined’ image
Sydney: Julian Assange, the founder of the WikiLeaks website, has appointed a public relations firm after a series of damaging blows to his image.
The whistleblower, who is on bail during his fight to avoid extradition to Sweden over sexual assault allegations, has taken a battering in the media as his personal life is scrutinised.
The 39-year-old has hired firm Borkowski, a London-based public relations firm, owned by master publicist Mark Borkowski, reports the Sydney Morning Herald.
A four-member team is now dealing with media enquiries about him and also holding an online weekly media conference to deliver messages from him and WikiLeaks.
Assange has also signed a GBP 1 million book deal to tell his life story.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi