Julian Assange hires PR firm to rebuild ‘ruined’ image
Sydney: Julian Assange, the founder of the WikiLeaks website, has appointed a public relations firm after a series of damaging blows to his image.
The whistleblower, who is on bail during his fight to avoid extradition to Sweden over sexual assault allegations, has taken a battering in the media as his personal life is scrutinised.
The 39-year-old has hired firm Borkowski, a London-based public relations firm, owned by master publicist Mark Borkowski, reports the Sydney Morning Herald.
A four-member team is now dealing with media enquiries about him and also holding an online weekly media conference to deliver messages from him and WikiLeaks.
Assange has also signed a GBP 1 million book deal to tell his life story.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'