Kate topless pics: Legal action to begin in Paris
London: Lawyers for Prince William and his wife Kate Middleton are scheduled to appear in court in Paris tomorrow to prevent further publication of topless photos of the Duchess of Cambridge, days after a French magazine splashed them in its latest issue.
A spokesman for St James`s Palace said official legal proceedings would begin tomorrow.
"It is the first airing and we will be seeking an injunction from them using the pictures and it will lead to a longer court case where damages will be sought," he said.
The announcement of legal action comes as Prince William and his wife continued their tour of south-east Asia, while the Irish edition of Daily Star became the second publication to use the photos reportedly taken while the royal couple was on a holiday in France.
Italian magazine Chi said it would print a special 26-page edition featuring Kate Middleton`s photographs tomorrow.
The French magazine Closer and Chi are reported to be both part of former Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi`s Mondadori media group.
Meanwhile, speaking to BBC, ex-Prime Minister John Major the photographer`s actions were those of a "peeping Tom" and a boundary had "plainly been crossed".
He said: "The way (these photographs) have been obtained is tasteless. It is the action of a peeping Tom. In our country we prosecute peeping Toms. That`s exactly what they have done and they have been peeping with long lenses from a long way away. They`re very distasteful."
Major praised the British press for not publishing the photographs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'