Kazakhstan plane crash near Almaty kills 21 on board
Astana: Twenty one people are feared dead after an airliner crashed Tuesday near the Kazakh city of Almaty, Kazakhstan`s Scat airline said.
The Bombardier CRJ200 operated by Scat was carrying 15 passengers and five crew members.
It was flying a domestic route between the northern city of Kokshetau and Almaty, Kazakhstan`s largest city.
According to the airline, the plane crashed while attempting to land in bad weather conditions.
The airline promised to confirm the official cause of the crash once the plane`s black box flight data recorder is recovered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'