Kenyan police issue Easter terror alert
Nairobi: Kenya`s police commissioner is warning that al Qaeda-linked Somali insurgents that have already carried out an international attack may attempt to strike Kenya over the Easter holidays.
Mathew Iteere said on Thursday night that police have received reliable information that the al-Shabab militia group has threatened to attack public areas such as places of worship, recreational areas and major government buildings.
Al-Shabab — Somalia`s most dangerous militant group — claimed responsibility for the double suicide bomb attack in Uganda`s capital in July during the World Cup final. The blasts killed 76 people.
The group has threatened to attack Kenya for allegedly helping Somali government troops and their allies attack the militants` bases in Somalia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof