Kenyan police issue Easter terror alert
Nairobi: Kenya`s police commissioner is warning that al Qaeda-linked Somali insurgents that have already carried out an international attack may attempt to strike Kenya over the Easter holidays.
Mathew Iteere said on Thursday night that police have received reliable information that the al-Shabab militia group has threatened to attack public areas such as places of worship, recreational areas and major government buildings.
Al-Shabab — Somalia`s most dangerous militant group — claimed responsibility for the double suicide bomb attack in Uganda`s capital in July during the World Cup final. The blasts killed 76 people.
The group has threatened to attack Kenya for allegedly helping Somali government troops and their allies attack the militants` bases in Somalia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?