Kenyan police issue Easter terror alert
Nairobi: Kenya`s police commissioner is warning that al Qaeda-linked Somali insurgents that have already carried out an international attack may attempt to strike Kenya over the Easter holidays.
Mathew Iteere said on Thursday night that police have received reliable information that the al-Shabab militia group has threatened to attack public areas such as places of worship, recreational areas and major government buildings.
Al-Shabab — Somalia`s most dangerous militant group — claimed responsibility for the double suicide bomb attack in Uganda`s capital in July during the World Cup final. The blasts killed 76 people.
The group has threatened to attack Kenya for allegedly helping Somali government troops and their allies attack the militants` bases in Somalia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'