Kenyan police issue Easter terror alert
Nairobi: Kenya`s police commissioner is warning that al Qaeda-linked Somali insurgents that have already carried out an international attack may attempt to strike Kenya over the Easter holidays.
Mathew Iteere said on Thursday night that police have received reliable information that the al-Shabab militia group has threatened to attack public areas such as places of worship, recreational areas and major government buildings.
Al-Shabab — Somalia`s most dangerous militant group — claimed responsibility for the double suicide bomb attack in Uganda`s capital in July during the World Cup final. The blasts killed 76 people.
The group has threatened to attack Kenya for allegedly helping Somali government troops and their allies attack the militants` bases in Somalia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet