Kerry congratulates Modi
Washington: US Secretary of State John Kerry on Friday congratulated India`s prime minister-designate Narendra Modi on his historic victory in the general elections.
"Congrats to @narendramodi and BJP. Look forward to working w/you/growing shared prosperity/security w/world`s largest democracy," Kerry, who is travelling to London, twitted on the micro blogging site.
Kerry`s remarks came after the White House congratulated the BJP on its historic victory and said it looks forward to working with the new government.
"US congratulates BJP on its victory in India`s historic election; we look forward to working w/govt once formed to advance our partnership," the National Security Council (NSC) of the White House said in its tweet.
"After the largest democratic election in history, US congratulates the BJP for its victory and looks forward to working closely with new government," twitted Ben Rhodes, the Deputy National Security Advisor and a close aide of President Barack Obama.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II