Kerry congratulates Modi
Washington: US Secretary of State John Kerry on Friday congratulated India`s prime minister-designate Narendra Modi on his historic victory in the general elections.
"Congrats to @narendramodi and BJP. Look forward to working w/you/growing shared prosperity/security w/world`s largest democracy," Kerry, who is travelling to London, twitted on the micro blogging site.
Kerry`s remarks came after the White House congratulated the BJP on its historic victory and said it looks forward to working with the new government.
"US congratulates BJP on its victory in India`s historic election; we look forward to working w/govt once formed to advance our partnership," the National Security Council (NSC) of the White House said in its tweet.
"After the largest democratic election in history, US congratulates the BJP for its victory and looks forward to working closely with new government," twitted Ben Rhodes, the Deputy National Security Advisor and a close aide of President Barack Obama.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes