Kerry congratulates Modi
Washington: US Secretary of State John Kerry on Friday congratulated India`s prime minister-designate Narendra Modi on his historic victory in the general elections.
"Congrats to @narendramodi and BJP. Look forward to working w/you/growing shared prosperity/security w/world`s largest democracy," Kerry, who is travelling to London, twitted on the micro blogging site.
Kerry`s remarks came after the White House congratulated the BJP on its historic victory and said it looks forward to working with the new government.
"US congratulates BJP on its victory in India`s historic election; we look forward to working w/govt once formed to advance our partnership," the National Security Council (NSC) of the White House said in its tweet.
"After the largest democratic election in history, US congratulates the BJP for its victory and looks forward to working closely with new government," twitted Ben Rhodes, the Deputy National Security Advisor and a close aide of President Barack Obama.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble