Kidnapped Spanish couple rescued in Colombia
Bogota: Colombian police staged a raid in the northern La Guajira province Saturday and rescued two Spanish tourists held captive by an unidentified group for nearly a month.
The tourists, identified as Angel Sanchez Fernandez, 49, and Maria Marlaska Sedano, 43, and believed to be a couple, were kidnapped May 17.
They were travelling by car to the popular tourist destination of Cabo de la Vela when they were abducted, Xinhua reported citing local RCN Radio station.
The operation was carried out by anti-kidnapping and anti-extortion police units in Maicao region, near the Colombia-Venezuela border.
The rescued Spanish couple are in good health, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO