Kurdish rebels kill 4 Turkish soldiers, wound 7
Ankara: Authorities say Kurdish rebels have raided a Turkish military outpost in eastern Turkey, killing at least four Turkish soldiers and wounding seven others in the largest attack on troops in several months.
Authorities say the commander of the outpost near the town of Nazimiye in Tunceli province was killed in the overnight attack.
Saturday`s attack follows a surge in attacks by autonomy-seeking rebels. The violence has picked up since a high court disbanded a pro-Kurdish political party for ties to the rebels in December and after a Turkish nationalist punched the now-banned party earlier this month.
The Turkish government, meanwhile, hopes to reconcile with minority Kurds and end the fight with the rebels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog