Kurdish rebels kill 4 Turkish soldiers, wound 7
Ankara: Authorities say Kurdish rebels have raided a Turkish military outpost in eastern Turkey, killing at least four Turkish soldiers and wounding seven others in the largest attack on troops in several months.
Authorities say the commander of the outpost near the town of Nazimiye in Tunceli province was killed in the overnight attack.
Saturday`s attack follows a surge in attacks by autonomy-seeking rebels. The violence has picked up since a high court disbanded a pro-Kurdish political party for ties to the rebels in December and after a Turkish nationalist punched the now-banned party earlier this month.
The Turkish government, meanwhile, hopes to reconcile with minority Kurds and end the fight with the rebels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'