Leftover land mine explodes, kills 6 in Iran
Tehran: An Iranian semi-official news agency reports an explosion from a land mine left over from the Iran-Iraq war of the 1980s has killed six people and injured one.
The today`s report by Mehr says the explosion happened yesterday, during a minesweeping operation near the town of Marivan, some 490 kilometers southwest of Tehran.
Explosions from leftover munitions lead to casualties in Iran from time to time.
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why
- Kangana Ranaut's deposition after lot of delay, drama, says Hrithik Roshan's legal team