Little proof of hate crime in Iraqi woman`s killing
El Cajon: An Iraqi family was troubled by relationship issues before the mother was beaten to death in her California home, according to newly released documents that have little evidence the killing was a hate crime.
Shaima Alawadi, 32, planned to divorce her husband and move to Texas, according to the search warrant records obtained by U-T San Diego.
The documents also show the woman`s 17-year-old daughter, Fatima Alhimidi, was distraught over her pending arranged marriage to a cousin.
The teenager, who was with her mother at the time of the March 21 attack, called for help after finding Alawadi unconscious.
While police interviewed her after the attack, she got a text message reading, "The detective will find out tell them (can`t) talk," according to the search warrant affidavit.
El Cajon police have said little about the investigation since a March 26 news conference. A phone message left by The Associated Press for El Cajon police spokesman Lt Mark Coit wasn`t immediately returned today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!