Maid propositioned Strauss-Kahn: Book
Paris: A new book purports to give Dominique Strauss-Kahn’s version of events of what happened in that New York hotel suite.
In “DSK Affairs: The Second Inquiry,” Strauss-Kahn’s biographer says when a hotel maid locked eyes with the then head of the International Monetary Fund after he emerged naked from a shower, he interpreted her allegedly seductive body language as a proposition.
The one-time French presidential contender has not spoken out on the May 14 encounter, which led US authorities to charge him with attempted rape, and the book is being marketed as his much-anticipated side of the story.
Lawyers for the maid, Nafissatou Diallo immediately dismissed the book — by Michel Taubmann — as “complete fantasy.”
In key excerpts published in Paris Match magazine Thursday — ahead of the book’s scheduled Dec. 8 release — Taubmann alleges Diallo acted seductively upon bursting in on a naked Strauss-Kahn.
Upon seeing the then IMF leader, she “started walking toward the exit. But she wasn’t in any hurry,” the excerpt reads. “She stares him in the eyes. Then, she looks openly at his genitals.”
The excerpt continues: “The flesh is weak. Dominique Strauss-Kahn saw a proposition. The situation amuses him. Rarely in his life has he refused a moment of pleasure. He does not resist the temptation to receive oral sex. The act is fast, very fast.”
Diallo’s version of event differs wildly from those described in the book.
She has alleged that Strauss-Kahn violently attacked her when she arrived to clean his suite, forcing her to perform oral sex on him before she quickly left the hotel. Investigators found physical evidence, including bruises on her vagina and traces of semen in the room, but the criminal case against Strauss-Kahn was dismissed when prosecutors said they had lost faith in Diallo’s credibility.
The excerpts also suggest that Diallo might be behind the alleged theft of Strauss-Kahn’s work Blackberry. Taubmann says phone records show Strauss-Kahn last used the IMF Blackberry around the time the incident took place and suggests Diallo was one of a handful of people who could have taken it.
The possible robbery of the cell phone, Taubmann suggests, might have been part of a political plot to bring down Strauss-Kahn — a Socialist who was then widely seen as the top contender in France’s upcoming presidential race in April and May.
The book’s excerpts do not contain any direct quotes from Strauss-Kahn, though author Taubmann said in an interview with Paris Match that he has met with the politician at least six times since the May 14 incident, and also had extensive email and phone contact with him.
Taubmann, who has written a previous biography of Strauss-Kahn, said he also studied phone records and surveillance tapes from the hotel.
Strauss-Kahn’s Paris lawyer did not immediately respond to calls seeking confirmation that the politician did indeed collaborate with Taubmann on the book.
Diallo’s lawyers Kenneth Thompson and Douglas Wigdor said late Wednesday that the allegations in the book were absurd.
“Strauss Kahn’s absurd claim that Ms. Diallo was told to steal his Blackberry and (she) somehow looked at him seductively and consented to his violent and abusive sexual acts is complete fantasy,” the lawyers said in a brief statement.
“We look forward to questioning him at trial about the sick and deranged acts he committed against Ms Diallo” as part of her pending civil case.
After the criminal charges against him were dropped, Strauss-Kahn returned to France in September. In his single public appearance since his return — a live interview on TF1 television channel — Strauss-Kahn acknowledged “moral failings” but didn’t provide any details about what exactly happened behind the closed doors of the hotel suite.
Since his return, he has been plagued by other scandals, including allegations by a French writer that he sexually assaulted her during a 2003 interview and claims he was linked to a suspected hotel prostitution ring.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015