close
This ad will auto close in 10 seconds

`Man accused of child pornography linked to US bomb plotter`

According to a New York Times report, Howard Willie Carter II was suspected of being an accomplice of Quazi Mohammad Rezwanul Ahsan Nafis.



New York: US authorities said a man accused of child pornography was connected to a Bangladeshi who planned to set off a bomb at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, a media report said.

According to a New York Times report, Howard Willie Carter II was suspected of being an accomplice of Quazi Mohammad Rezwanul Ahsan Nafis, who was arrested in New York Wednesday, Xinhua reported.

The US Justice Department said in a statement that Nafis faces charges of planning to use a weapon of mass destruction and trying to provide material support to al Qaeda.

The 21-year-old suspect could face life sentence if convicted.

The FBI said the 450-kg bomb Nafis prepared for the attack was not in working condition, adding that an undercover agent had been closely monitoring the suspect.

Also according to the newspaper, Carter was arrested in the US city of San Diego after the FBI found 1,000 pictures of child pornography on a computer that was traced back to him in August.

The FBI also found on the computer`s hard drive emails addressed to "Yaqeen", a name Carter used to communicate with Nafis.

In conversations with undercover officials, Nafis also said he once suggested attacking a military base near Baltimore, the report said.

IANS

From Zee News

0 Comment - Join the Discussions

trending

photo gallery

video


WION FEATURES

A wearable sticker that can prevent sexual assault

Neymar set to move to Paris Saint Germain

Council in Pakistan orders Revenge Rape of a 16-Year-Old

Photographing the world from a plane

Indian female cops are out in full force to protect women

Delhi's Mini Afghanistan: Far from war, these Afghanis have found their home in India