Man in Australian $1 mn suitcase mystery charged
Sydney: A man questioned by Australian police about an abandoned suitcase stuffed with nearly AUD 1 million (USD 970,000) has been charged with assault and dealing in the proceeds of the crime.
New South Wales police announced the charges on Friday, but they haven`t said where they think the money came from.
Workers at a Sydney eatery say the suitcase was left there on Tuesday by a nervous-looking man, and they were initially worried it might contain a bomb.
In a release, police said they found the 49-year-old suspect in a dazed state later Tuesday. When he was taken to the station, police allege he assaulted three officers, causing them minor injuries. The man was then treated at a local hospital.
The man was denied bail and is due in court on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday