Merkel, Obama urge Moscow to obtain separatist ceasefire
German Chancellor Angela Merkel and US President Barack Obama on Thursday urged President Vladimir Putin to obtain a ceasefire from pro-Russian rebels in Ukraine, Merkel`s office said.
Merkel and Obama stressed during three-way telephone talks "the importance of a rapid ceasefire observed by both sides" and said that "Russia must first contribute by ensuring that the separatists in eastern Ukraine uphold the ceasefire," said a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know