Merkel, Obama urge Moscow to obtain separatist ceasefire
German Chancellor Angela Merkel and US President Barack Obama on Thursday urged President Vladimir Putin to obtain a ceasefire from pro-Russian rebels in Ukraine, Merkel`s office said.
Merkel and Obama stressed during three-way telephone talks "the importance of a rapid ceasefire observed by both sides" and said that "Russia must first contribute by ensuring that the separatists in eastern Ukraine uphold the ceasefire," said a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details