Merkel, Obama urge Moscow to obtain separatist ceasefire
German Chancellor Angela Merkel and US President Barack Obama on Thursday urged President Vladimir Putin to obtain a ceasefire from pro-Russian rebels in Ukraine, Merkel`s office said.
Merkel and Obama stressed during three-way telephone talks "the importance of a rapid ceasefire observed by both sides" and said that "Russia must first contribute by ensuring that the separatists in eastern Ukraine uphold the ceasefire," said a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?