Belgrade: Ratko Mladic`s lawyer says the former Bosnian Serb military chief plans to boycott Monday`s hearing at the Yugoslav tribunal, where he is scheduled to enter pleas to the war crimes charges he faces.
Lawyer Milos Saljic said Sunday that Mladic will do that in the Hague, Netherlands, to demand that he be allowed to choose his own defense attorneys.
The court`s registry last week asked for more time to vet the list of lawyers Mladic has submitted to verify their qualifications and eligibility.
Mladic was extradited to the tribunal from Serbia on May 31 after being captured following 15 years as a fugitive. He is charged with genocide and other offenses for allegedly orchestrating atrocities committed by Serb forces throughout the 1992-95 Bosnian war.