Mladic to boycott court appearance: Lawyer
Belgrade: Ratko Mladic`s lawyer says the former Bosnian Serb military chief plans to boycott Monday`s hearing at the Yugoslav tribunal, where he is scheduled to enter pleas to the war crimes charges he faces.
Lawyer Milos Saljic said Sunday that Mladic will do that in the Hague, Netherlands, to demand that he be allowed to choose his own defense attorneys.
The court`s registry last week asked for more time to vet the list of lawyers Mladic has submitted to verify their qualifications and eligibility.
Mladic was extradited to the tribunal from Serbia on May 31 after being captured following 15 years as a fugitive. He is charged with genocide and other offenses for allegedly orchestrating atrocities committed by Serb forces throughout the 1992-95 Bosnian war.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan