Moderate quakes hit Bolivia, Costa Rica: USGS
Washington: Moderate earthquakes shook
Bolivia early today, US seismologists said, although there
were no immediate reports of casualties or damage.
A 5.3-magnitude tremor hit 75 kilometres west-northwest
of Santa Cruz, Bolivia`s largest city, at 5:23 am (0923 GMT)
with a depth of 10 km, according to the US Geological Survey.
A quake of magnitude 5.2 struck nearby 17 minutes later,
140 km northwest of Santa Cruz.
Another magnitude 5.2 temblor struck 30 km
south-southeast of Golfito in Costa Rica at a depth of 29 km
at 3:08 am (0908 GMT), the USGS said. It was followed by a
4.7-magnitude quake 35 minutes later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights