Moderate quakes hit Bolivia, Costa Rica: USGS
Washington: Moderate earthquakes shook
Bolivia early today, US seismologists said, although there
were no immediate reports of casualties or damage.
A 5.3-magnitude tremor hit 75 kilometres west-northwest
of Santa Cruz, Bolivia`s largest city, at 5:23 am (0923 GMT)
with a depth of 10 km, according to the US Geological Survey.
A quake of magnitude 5.2 struck nearby 17 minutes later,
140 km northwest of Santa Cruz.
Another magnitude 5.2 temblor struck 30 km
south-southeast of Golfito in Costa Rica at a depth of 29 km
at 3:08 am (0908 GMT), the USGS said. It was followed by a
4.7-magnitude quake 35 minutes later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'