Moderate quakes hit Bolivia, Costa Rica: USGS
Washington: Moderate earthquakes shook
Bolivia early today, US seismologists said, although there
were no immediate reports of casualties or damage.
A 5.3-magnitude tremor hit 75 kilometres west-northwest
of Santa Cruz, Bolivia`s largest city, at 5:23 am (0923 GMT)
with a depth of 10 km, according to the US Geological Survey.
A quake of magnitude 5.2 struck nearby 17 minutes later,
140 km northwest of Santa Cruz.
Another magnitude 5.2 temblor struck 30 km
south-southeast of Golfito in Costa Rica at a depth of 29 km
at 3:08 am (0908 GMT), the USGS said. It was followed by a
4.7-magnitude quake 35 minutes later.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Good news! Foreigners, NRIs can now book train tickets in India using debit, credit cards
- Telangana SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- Severe heat wave condition in West Bengal
- Kerela HSE (Class 12) Result 2016 is likely to be declared by second week of May