Mursi supporters, opponents clash in Egypt, 1 dead
Cairo: Security and hospital officials say clashes between supporters and opponents of Egypt`s Islamist president have killed at least one person and injured scores.
The violence in the coastal city of Masoura, north of Cairo, began today when opponents of President Mohammed Mursi pelted his supporters with garbage as they gathered outside a mosque to stage a march to back the president.
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to speak to reporters.
Clashes between the two sides have grown in frequency over the past few days during the buildup for June 30 protests by the opposition to try to force Mursi out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands