Mursi supporters, opponents clash in Egypt, 1 dead
Cairo: Security and hospital officials say clashes between supporters and opponents of Egypt`s Islamist president have killed at least one person and injured scores.
The violence in the coastal city of Masoura, north of Cairo, began today when opponents of President Mohammed Mursi pelted his supporters with garbage as they gathered outside a mosque to stage a march to back the president.
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to speak to reporters.
Clashes between the two sides have grown in frequency over the past few days during the buildup for June 30 protests by the opposition to try to force Mursi out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal