Netanyahu`s bomb prop `childish`: Ahmadinejad
Tehran: Iran`s president on Tuesday sneered at Israeli`s presentation at the UN last week, calling the cartoon-style drawing of a bomb held up by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu "childish and primitive."
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said the Israeli`s drawing of a red line to urge swifter international action against Iran`s nuclear programme was an intellectual insult to UN dignitaries.
"Red line, white line, black line and the like is for children. This is the level of this guy`s character," Ahmadinejad said at a news conference in Tehran.
"It was a primitive drawing, an insult to the audience ... It was a very ugly behaviour."
The Iranian president used the packed press conference to accuse Netanyahu of being a war-monger, saying of him: "Whoever talks of war is retarded."
At his speech last week before the UN General Assembly, Netanyahu flashed the diagram of a bomb with a lighted fuse to illustrate progress Iran has made in its nuclear programme, saying the country was approaching a threshold Israel could not tolerate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6.3-magnitude earthquake hits off Papua New Guinea: USGS
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015