Netanyahu`s bomb prop `childish`: Ahmadinejad
Tehran: Iran`s president on Tuesday sneered at Israeli`s presentation at the UN last week, calling the cartoon-style drawing of a bomb held up by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu "childish and primitive."
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said the Israeli`s drawing of a red line to urge swifter international action against Iran`s nuclear programme was an intellectual insult to UN dignitaries.
"Red line, white line, black line and the like is for children. This is the level of this guy`s character," Ahmadinejad said at a news conference in Tehran.
"It was a primitive drawing, an insult to the audience ... It was a very ugly behaviour."
The Iranian president used the packed press conference to accuse Netanyahu of being a war-monger, saying of him: "Whoever talks of war is retarded."
At his speech last week before the UN General Assembly, Netanyahu flashed the diagram of a bomb with a lighted fuse to illustrate progress Iran has made in its nuclear programme, saying the country was approaching a threshold Israel could not tolerate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation