Netanyahu`s bomb prop `childish`: Ahmadinejad
Tehran: Iran`s president on Tuesday sneered at Israeli`s presentation at the UN last week, calling the cartoon-style drawing of a bomb held up by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu "childish and primitive."
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said the Israeli`s drawing of a red line to urge swifter international action against Iran`s nuclear programme was an intellectual insult to UN dignitaries.
"Red line, white line, black line and the like is for children. This is the level of this guy`s character," Ahmadinejad said at a news conference in Tehran.
"It was a primitive drawing, an insult to the audience ... It was a very ugly behaviour."
The Iranian president used the packed press conference to accuse Netanyahu of being a war-monger, saying of him: "Whoever talks of war is retarded."
At his speech last week before the UN General Assembly, Netanyahu flashed the diagram of a bomb with a lighted fuse to illustrate progress Iran has made in its nuclear programme, saying the country was approaching a threshold Israel could not tolerate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen