New Japan PM to visit China: Report
Tokyo: Japan`s new Prime Minister Naoto
Kan has accepted an invitation from his counterpart in Beijing
to visit China, a report said today.
Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao, during a teleconference
with Kan, invited the Japanese prime minister to visit China
at a "convenient time," Kyodo news agency reported, quoting
China`s foreign ministry in Beijing.
The report said the pair also discussed the March
sinking of a South Korean warship by a North Korean torpedo.
Kan, 63, Tuesday became Japan`s fifth Prime Minister
in four years after his predecessor Yukio Hatoyama quit over a
row about a US air base.
Kan has been praised in Beijing as someone who "has
repeatedly stressed the great importance of developing
Sino-Japanese relations, and we appreciate that."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PHOTO: After KKR's loss vs SRH, Shah Rukh Khan Tweets heart-wrenching image of cheerleaders crying
- Kardashians offered USD 100 million movie deal?
- Supreme Court to hear Italian government's plea on marine today
- Aww! Nargis Fakhri is missing THESE guys and gals
- Online application process for NEET II from today. Check www.aipmt.nic.in