Nigeria: Bomb explodes in Abuja, no casualties
Abuja: Hours after Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan sacked national security adviser and defence minister, a bomb exploded outside a nightclub in the capital Abuja late on Friday.
No one was injured, an emergency agency said.
The blast shattered windows in nearby buildings and damaged six luxury vehicles, said an e-mailed statement from National Emergency Management Agency spokesman Yushau Shuaib, sent to a news agency on Saturday.
Authorities suspected the bomb was planted on a tree outside the Kryxtal Lounge club popular with foreigners and wealthy Nigerians, the statement added.
Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan and his security chiefs have come under heightened criticism for improper handling of the insurgency by Boko Haram.
Islamist sect Boko Haram has killed hundreds in bomb and gun attacks in its insurgency against President Goodluck Jonathan`s government.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video