Nigeria: Bomb explodes in Abuja, no casualties
Abuja: Hours after Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan sacked national security adviser and defence minister, a bomb exploded outside a nightclub in the capital Abuja late on Friday.
No one was injured, an emergency agency said.
The blast shattered windows in nearby buildings and damaged six luxury vehicles, said an e-mailed statement from National Emergency Management Agency spokesman Yushau Shuaib, sent to a news agency on Saturday.
Authorities suspected the bomb was planted on a tree outside the Kryxtal Lounge club popular with foreigners and wealthy Nigerians, the statement added.
Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan and his security chiefs have come under heightened criticism for improper handling of the insurgency by Boko Haram.
Islamist sect Boko Haram has killed hundreds in bomb and gun attacks in its insurgency against President Goodluck Jonathan`s government.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!