Nigeria: Bomb explodes in Abuja, no casualties
Abuja: Hours after Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan sacked national security adviser and defence minister, a bomb exploded outside a nightclub in the capital Abuja late on Friday.
No one was injured, an emergency agency said.
The blast shattered windows in nearby buildings and damaged six luxury vehicles, said an e-mailed statement from National Emergency Management Agency spokesman Yushau Shuaib, sent to a news agency on Saturday.
Authorities suspected the bomb was planted on a tree outside the Kryxtal Lounge club popular with foreigners and wealthy Nigerians, the statement added.
Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan and his security chiefs have come under heightened criticism for improper handling of the insurgency by Boko Haram.
Islamist sect Boko Haram has killed hundreds in bomb and gun attacks in its insurgency against President Goodluck Jonathan`s government.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- This Shiva temple in Pune built by Peshwa Nanasaheb is unique – Details inside
- Brexit consequence: British thaali may give Indian lady's finger a miss
- Ajay Devgn to star in Rohit Shetty's 'Golmaal 4'! Details inside
- WATCH: Harbhajan Singh was up against a wrestler...See What Happened Next...
- After NSG setback, India joins Missile Technology Control Regime as full member; China awaits membership