No exclusive US-Iran talks in Kazakhstan nuke negotiations
Tehran: Iran will not hold exclusive talks with the US on the sidelines of the upcoming nuclear negotiations with world powers in Kazakhstan, Iranian foreign ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast has said.
Iran and the so-called P5+1 -- the US, Russia, China, France and Britain plus Germany -- will resume new round of talks in Almaty, Kazakhstan Feb 26.
Exclusive talks between Iran and the US was only possible when there are "signs of good will" from the Americans, Xinhua quoted Mehmanparast as saying.
He said that so far, there have been "no signs of this kind".
Top Iranian leaders have said the country was not interested in any talks with the US under "pressure".
Mehmanparast reiterated that any negotiations with Washington under pressure will yield no result.
Earlier this month, US Vice President Joe Biden said America was prepared to hold direct talks with Iran when the Iranian leadership is "serious".
Meanwhile, White House spokesman Jay Carney said "that pressure will continue (against Iran), and it will increase, as long as Tehran refuses to live up to its international obligations with regards to its nuclear programme".
The US has also expanded its sanctions on Tehran by tightening up economic measures and adding more names to a blacklist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says