No plan to probe soldiers` sex lives: Russia
Moscow: Russia`s defence ministry Friday dismissed reports that it would seek to determine the sexual orientation of soldiers, and insisted it was only concerned with ensuring their good health.
Media reports earlier this week suggested that the military`s new inspection guidelines would also include checks of soldiers` tattoos.
But a highly-placed defence ministry source told RIA Novosti the reports were inaccurate and commanding officers and their assistants would merely be concerned with "a soldier`s health and his appearance".
Tattoos and bodily inspections were, he said, the responsibility of military doctors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Status of political parties to be reviewed every 10 years
- WOAH! BJP MP Paresh Rawal launches fierce attack on India's Rio Olympics officials
- 30% to vote for SP, BJP+ 27%, BSP 26% in next UP Assembly elections: Survey
- Article 370 will be dealt later, peace in Valley a priority: Ahir
- Banwarilal Purohit sworn in as Assam Governor