No plan to probe soldiers` sex lives: Russia
Moscow: Russia`s defence ministry Friday dismissed reports that it would seek to determine the sexual orientation of soldiers, and insisted it was only concerned with ensuring their good health.
Media reports earlier this week suggested that the military`s new inspection guidelines would also include checks of soldiers` tattoos.
But a highly-placed defence ministry source told RIA Novosti the reports were inaccurate and commanding officers and their assistants would merely be concerned with "a soldier`s health and his appearance".
Tattoos and bodily inspections were, he said, the responsibility of military doctors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 12 ultras surrender in Chhattisgarh, cite disappointment with Maoist ideology
- Flood situation grim in Arunachal Pradesh, NH-52 submerged at Namsai
- End of an era! Verizon buys Yahoo for $4.8 billion
- Leader of Opposition in Goa Assembly, Pratapsinh Rane, death penalty for drug peddlers
- AAP to move Delhi High Court against arrests of MLAs in 'false cases'