No plan to probe soldiers` sex lives: Russia
Moscow: Russia`s defence ministry Friday dismissed reports that it would seek to determine the sexual orientation of soldiers, and insisted it was only concerned with ensuring their good health.
Media reports earlier this week suggested that the military`s new inspection guidelines would also include checks of soldiers` tattoos.
But a highly-placed defence ministry source told RIA Novosti the reports were inaccurate and commanding officers and their assistants would merely be concerned with "a soldier`s health and his appearance".
Tattoos and bodily inspections were, he said, the responsibility of military doctors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured