No plan to probe soldiers` sex lives: Russia
Moscow: Russia`s defence ministry Friday dismissed reports that it would seek to determine the sexual orientation of soldiers, and insisted it was only concerned with ensuring their good health.
Media reports earlier this week suggested that the military`s new inspection guidelines would also include checks of soldiers` tattoos.
But a highly-placed defence ministry source told RIA Novosti the reports were inaccurate and commanding officers and their assistants would merely be concerned with "a soldier`s health and his appearance".
Tattoos and bodily inspections were, he said, the responsibility of military doctors.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference