No US-Taliban talks scheduled: State Department
Washington: The United States has not scheduled talks with the Taliban, the State Department said on Thursday, after reports that discussions with the Afghan insurgent group could begin this week in Qatar.
"Reports of a meeting being scheduled or on the books aren`t accurate," spokeswoman Jen Psaki told reporters, saying Washington had "never confirmed" the date and place of any specific meeting.
"We are now in consultations with the Afghan leadership and the High Peace Council on how to move forward."
Several reports had said US-Taliban talks would be held tomorrow in the Qatari capital of Doha, where the Islamist militant group driven from power in Kabul in 2001 had opened a political office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey