No US-Taliban talks scheduled: State Department
Washington: The United States has not scheduled talks with the Taliban, the State Department said on Thursday, after reports that discussions with the Afghan insurgent group could begin this week in Qatar.
"Reports of a meeting being scheduled or on the books aren`t accurate," spokeswoman Jen Psaki told reporters, saying Washington had "never confirmed" the date and place of any specific meeting.
"We are now in consultations with the Afghan leadership and the High Peace Council on how to move forward."
Several reports had said US-Taliban talks would be held tomorrow in the Qatari capital of Doha, where the Islamist militant group driven from power in Kabul in 2001 had opened a political office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Islamic State bombings in southern Yemen kill 38
- UK pensions minister Crabb considering bid to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- Special panel on India's NSG membership bid? We're not aware, says China
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks