Norway deports gunman’s German lover
Berlin: A German woman who claimed she was Norwegian mass killer Anders Behring Breivik’s lover has been deported from Norway.
The woman is a resident of Stuttgart, but her name was not disclosed. She tried to get into the court building in Oslo where the trial of Breivik started on Monday.
"She wanted to get into the building to see Breivik. She claimed that she is his lover," an Oslo police officer said.
The woman, who said she had flown in from Germany especially to see Breivik, was detained and deported from Norway.
According to reports, a woman from Germany has been writing letters and sending money to Breivik in jail. It was not known whether this was the same woman who was deported.
A Norwegian neo-Nazi on Thursday tried to break into the courtroom where Breivik was standing trial, a police spokesman said.
"He just wanted to see what was going on in the courtroom," the spokesman said, adding that the man did not pose a threat to the process.
During the fourth day of his trial, Breivik said his original plan included three bombings followed by a shooting massacre.
The killer set off a bomb in Oslo on July 22 last year before travelling to a youth camp on Utoya island, where he shot dead 69 people.
He said he planned bombings of Oslo`s government district and the Labour Party`s office and a third target -- perhaps the Norwegian royal palace. The three bombs would be followed by a shooting, if he survived, he told the court.
According to the BBC, Breivik decided against multiple bombs because building just one was "much more difficult than (he) thought".
He told the court he took a "sabbatical" to play World of Warcraft and Modern Warfare. He said he used such games to simulate the police response and the best escape strategy.
When he acquired weapons for his attacks, he turned to Norse mythology to name them.
"The rifle I called Gungnir, which is the name of the magical spear of Odin, which returns after you have thrown it. And the Glock I called Mjoelnir. It is the warrior god Thor`s hammer," the Daily Mail quoted Breivik as saying.
The trial against Breivik began with two professional judges, as well as three lay judges -- local politicians appointed for four-year terms who participate on an equal basis in deciding guilt and sentencing. The key issue to be resolved during the trial, expected to last 10 weeks, is Breivik`s mental state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?