Norwegian investigated for Kenya attack
Stockholm: Norwegian authorities say they are investigating a Norwegian citizen of Somali origin who is suspected of involvement in the terror attack on a mall in Kenya last month.
The PST security service said today that it has received information suggesting the Norwegian "was involved in planning and carrying out the attack" that killed at least 67 people. It did not name the suspect.
The Somali Islamic group al-Shabab claimed responsibility for the assault and said it was in retaliation for Kenya`s sending of troops into neighbouring Somalia.
PST said its agents were in Nairobi, working with Kenyan authorities investigating "to what degree" the Norwegian was involved and his links to al-Shabab. But the agency said the main goal of the investigation was to prevent any future attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof