Obama family attending Easter service at DC church
Washington: President Barack Obama and his
family are attending the Easter service at a historically
black Methodist church in southeast Washington.
The Obamas travelled today morning to the Allen Chapel
AME Church. The first family has attended a variety of
churches in the US capital since Obama`s election.
The Allen Chapel A.M.E. Church traces its roots to just
before the Civil War when it ministered to free blacks in the
Anacostia area of Washington. It is part of the African
Methodist Episcopal Church.
Southeast Washington was rocked last week by a drive-by
shooting that left four dead and five others wounded. Three
people have been charged in the shooting, the city`s deadliest
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery