Obama family attending Easter service at DC church
Washington: President Barack Obama and his
family are attending the Easter service at a historically
black Methodist church in southeast Washington.
The Obamas travelled today morning to the Allen Chapel
AME Church. The first family has attended a variety of
churches in the US capital since Obama`s election.
The Allen Chapel A.M.E. Church traces its roots to just
before the Civil War when it ministered to free blacks in the
Anacostia area of Washington. It is part of the African
Methodist Episcopal Church.
Southeast Washington was rocked last week by a drive-by
shooting that left four dead and five others wounded. Three
people have been charged in the shooting, the city`s deadliest
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand