Obama family attending Easter service at DC church
Washington: President Barack Obama and his
family are attending the Easter service at a historically
black Methodist church in southeast Washington.
The Obamas travelled today morning to the Allen Chapel
AME Church. The first family has attended a variety of
churches in the US capital since Obama`s election.
The Allen Chapel A.M.E. Church traces its roots to just
before the Civil War when it ministered to free blacks in the
Anacostia area of Washington. It is part of the African
Methodist Episcopal Church.
Southeast Washington was rocked last week by a drive-by
shooting that left four dead and five others wounded. Three
people have been charged in the shooting, the city`s deadliest
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez