Obama family attending Easter service at DC church
Washington: President Barack Obama and his
family are attending the Easter service at a historically
black Methodist church in southeast Washington.
The Obamas travelled today morning to the Allen Chapel
AME Church. The first family has attended a variety of
churches in the US capital since Obama`s election.
The Allen Chapel A.M.E. Church traces its roots to just
before the Civil War when it ministered to free blacks in the
Anacostia area of Washington. It is part of the African
Methodist Episcopal Church.
Southeast Washington was rocked last week by a drive-by
shooting that left four dead and five others wounded. Three
people have been charged in the shooting, the city`s deadliest
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- S Korea offers Tokyo-funded money to 'comfort women'
- Jurgen Klopp tries to keep peace with frustrated Daniel Sturridge
- Iraqi, Syrian foreign ministers meet in Baghdad
- Will not be bullied, will definitely visit Pakistan to talk peace: Ramya
- Xioami Redmi Note 4 launched, comes with 10-core processor, 4,100 mAh battery