Obama family attending Easter service at DC church
Washington: President Barack Obama and his
family are attending the Easter service at a historically
black Methodist church in southeast Washington.
The Obamas travelled today morning to the Allen Chapel
AME Church. The first family has attended a variety of
churches in the US capital since Obama`s election.
The Allen Chapel A.M.E. Church traces its roots to just
before the Civil War when it ministered to free blacks in the
Anacostia area of Washington. It is part of the African
Methodist Episcopal Church.
Southeast Washington was rocked last week by a drive-by
shooting that left four dead and five others wounded. Three
people have been charged in the shooting, the city`s deadliest
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan