Obama’s ‘long-lost’ uncle detained
Melbourne: US President Barack Obama’s ‘long-lost’ uncle, who left Kenya for the US in the 1960s, has been detained in the States as an illegal immigrant besides facing charges of drink-driving.
Onyango Obama, 67, whom the US President mentioned in his memoir ‘Dreams From My Father’, was arrested on August 24 outside a Framingham, Massachusetts restaurant.
He allegedly drove his Mitsubishi past a stop sign to take a quick left turn almost ramming into a police car.
During the investigation, the cops found an outstanding deportation warrant on Onyango from the US Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement and detained him as an illegal immigrant.
A report filed with the Framingham District Court stated that he had a blood alcohol level of 0.14, above the state limit of 0.08, when he was busted.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why