Obama`s stepmother granted British citizenship
London: Kezia Obama, stepmother to US President Barack Obama, has been granted British citizenship after living in the country for nearly 10 years.
The 68-year-old Kenya-born woman, who was once married to Barack Obama`s late father, Barack Obama Sr., was presented with her certificate of citizenship by Chris Turrell, the mayor of Bracknell, Berkshire, the Telegraph reported Tuesday.
Kezia Obama lives in a bungalow in the county and is a regular at the town`s Point Bingo hall.
"I am so happy, because I have been waiting for it for a long time. I am so proud," said Kezia, a grandmother of 13 children.
Kezia, who was a guest at Barack Obama`s inauguration in 2009, said she loves Bracknell, where she lives close to her son-in-law and his family.
"I like the people here. People here are very, very good people. I feel very settled. I like the town and the people," she said.
She said she has no doubts that Barack Obama will return to a second term in office. "He is going to get back in as president," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!