Official: French hostage-taker used `fake firearm`
Paris: An official says a man who took hostages at a school complex just south of Paris used a "fake firearm."
All hostages were released unharmed and a suspect detained after this morning`s incident.
Patrick Dallennes, a top official in the Val de Marne region, says: "It wasn`t a firearm he used but a fake one with gas cartridges ... Without the capacity to kill."
He added: "It`s made to scare... But it`s not very dangerous. It was a replica and at first it was hard to tell that it was fake."
The drama began as parents dropped their children off at the complex, which was being used as a summer camp.
The alleged hostage-taker was incoherent in his talks with police and his motivations remain unclear.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM