Official: French hostage-taker used `fake firearm`
Paris: An official says a man who took hostages at a school complex just south of Paris used a "fake firearm."
All hostages were released unharmed and a suspect detained after this morning`s incident.
Patrick Dallennes, a top official in the Val de Marne region, says: "It wasn`t a firearm he used but a fake one with gas cartridges ... Without the capacity to kill."
He added: "It`s made to scare... But it`s not very dangerous. It was a replica and at first it was hard to tell that it was fake."
The drama began as parents dropped their children off at the complex, which was being used as a summer camp.
The alleged hostage-taker was incoherent in his talks with police and his motivations remain unclear.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader