Official: French hostage-taker used `fake firearm`
Paris: An official says a man who took hostages at a school complex just south of Paris used a "fake firearm."
All hostages were released unharmed and a suspect detained after this morning`s incident.
Patrick Dallennes, a top official in the Val de Marne region, says: "It wasn`t a firearm he used but a fake one with gas cartridges ... Without the capacity to kill."
He added: "It`s made to scare... But it`s not very dangerous. It was a replica and at first it was hard to tell that it was fake."
The drama began as parents dropped their children off at the complex, which was being used as a summer camp.
The alleged hostage-taker was incoherent in his talks with police and his motivations remain unclear.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire