Official: French hostage-taker used `fake firearm`
Paris: An official says a man who took hostages at a school complex just south of Paris used a "fake firearm."
All hostages were released unharmed and a suspect detained after this morning`s incident.
Patrick Dallennes, a top official in the Val de Marne region, says: "It wasn`t a firearm he used but a fake one with gas cartridges ... Without the capacity to kill."
He added: "It`s made to scare... But it`s not very dangerous. It was a replica and at first it was hard to tell that it was fake."
The drama began as parents dropped their children off at the complex, which was being used as a summer camp.
The alleged hostage-taker was incoherent in his talks with police and his motivations remain unclear.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH