Oman protester dies after clashes: Officials
Muscat: Medical officials say a protester has died from injuries sustained in clashes between Omani security forces and pro-reform demonstrators.
The officials say the 22-year-old man died on Saturday, a day after riot police moved against hundreds of protesters in the northern industrial city of Sohar. Four other protesters were wounded, medical officials said.
Authorities say they used tear gas, water cannons and batons to disperse the crowds. Protesters claim that police opened fire.
It`s the second protest-related death in Oman since unrest broke out in late February to demand greater political freedoms. The medical officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to brief media.
Protest leaders are calling for more rallies and sit-ins in the capital Muscat and elsewhere.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad