Oman protester dies after clashes: Officials
Muscat: Medical officials say a protester has died from injuries sustained in clashes between Omani security forces and pro-reform demonstrators.
The officials say the 22-year-old man died on Saturday, a day after riot police moved against hundreds of protesters in the northern industrial city of Sohar. Four other protesters were wounded, medical officials said.
Authorities say they used tear gas, water cannons and batons to disperse the crowds. Protesters claim that police opened fire.
It`s the second protest-related death in Oman since unrest broke out in late February to demand greater political freedoms. The medical officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to brief media.
Protest leaders are calling for more rallies and sit-ins in the capital Muscat and elsewhere.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress