Oman protester dies after clashes: Officials
Muscat: Medical officials say a protester has died from injuries sustained in clashes between Omani security forces and pro-reform demonstrators.
The officials say the 22-year-old man died on Saturday, a day after riot police moved against hundreds of protesters in the northern industrial city of Sohar. Four other protesters were wounded, medical officials said.
Authorities say they used tear gas, water cannons and batons to disperse the crowds. Protesters claim that police opened fire.
It`s the second protest-related death in Oman since unrest broke out in late February to demand greater political freedoms. The medical officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to brief media.
Protest leaders are calling for more rallies and sit-ins in the capital Muscat and elsewhere.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling