Osama`s son-in-law on Interpol`s wanted list
Riyadh: Saudi Arabian authorities have handed over a fresh list of 47 wanted terrorists, including al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden`s son-in-law, to international police agency Interpol.
Osama`s son-in-law Muhammad Salim Barikan is number 39 on the list of 47 suspected terrorists that the Saudi Arabian government gave to the Interpol, according to Arab-language newspaper Al-Hayat.
Barikan, 47, who worked as Osama`s bodyguard, was married to the al Qaeda chief`s 27-year-old daughter Fatima when she was 13. Following his marriage, Barikan lived for months in a cave in Afghanistan-Pakistan border region.
Barikan`s name appeared a few months ago on a number of jihadist online forums saying he had been killed by a US drone attack in Pakistan`s northwest Waziristan province.
Barikan left Saudi Arabia in 1997 to join al Qaeda in Afghanistan where he became a trusted commander of the terrorist outfit.
Major Gen Mansour al-Turki, a spokesperson for Saudi Arabia`s Interior Ministry, warned that all the 47 men were key figures in supplying arms and financing to terrorist outfits in Yemen, Afghanistan and Pakistan.
"One of their main goals is to establish terrorist cells inside the kingdom, to recruit Saudis and have them trained," he was quoted as saying by British daily The Telegraph. "We had to take this to Interpol to make sure that wherever they are, they can be captured."
Yemen represented the single largest contributor to the list, being the base of 16 of the 47 Saudis named. Another 27 were split between Pakistan and Afghanistan with officials unable to determine exact whereabouts and four were believed to be operating in Iraq.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?