Ousted Chinese politician`s lawyers close to party
Beijing: Ousted Chinese politician Bo Xilai, who is accused of corruption, will be represented by two Beijing-based attorneys from a large Chinese law firm that enjoys national prestige and close ties to the ruling Communist Party.
Bo was once a high-flying contender for a top post until a scandal involving his wife`s murder of a British businessman was exposed last year, embarrassing the party and disrupting its preparations for a pivotal leadership transition.
Attorney Li Guifang said today in a phone interview that he and colleague Wang Zhaofeng will represent Bo. He had no further details. The lawyers are from a well-known firm that says it has represented government departments and state enterprises on many major projects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31