Ousted Chinese politician`s lawyers close to party
Beijing: Ousted Chinese politician Bo Xilai, who is accused of corruption, will be represented by two Beijing-based attorneys from a large Chinese law firm that enjoys national prestige and close ties to the ruling Communist Party.
Bo was once a high-flying contender for a top post until a scandal involving his wife`s murder of a British businessman was exposed last year, embarrassing the party and disrupting its preparations for a pivotal leadership transition.
Attorney Li Guifang said today in a phone interview that he and colleague Wang Zhaofeng will represent Bo. He had no further details. The lawyers are from a well-known firm that says it has represented government departments and state enterprises on many major projects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- GMR wins contract for Goa's greenfield airport project
- Six scientists about to wrap up yearlong Mars simulation in Hawaii
- Juergen Klopp disappointed as Liverpool haunted by familiar failings
- Know how much you have to exactly pay for cancelling confirmed Rail e-tickets
- India pivotal power, can tilt Asia the way it wants: MJ Akbar