Ousted Chinese politician`s lawyers close to party
Beijing: Ousted Chinese politician Bo Xilai, who is accused of corruption, will be represented by two Beijing-based attorneys from a large Chinese law firm that enjoys national prestige and close ties to the ruling Communist Party.
Bo was once a high-flying contender for a top post until a scandal involving his wife`s murder of a British businessman was exposed last year, embarrassing the party and disrupting its preparations for a pivotal leadership transition.
Attorney Li Guifang said today in a phone interview that he and colleague Wang Zhaofeng will represent Bo. He had no further details. The lawyers are from a well-known firm that says it has represented government departments and state enterprises on many major projects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand