Ousted Chinese politician`s lawyers close to party
Beijing: Ousted Chinese politician Bo Xilai, who is accused of corruption, will be represented by two Beijing-based attorneys from a large Chinese law firm that enjoys national prestige and close ties to the ruling Communist Party.
Bo was once a high-flying contender for a top post until a scandal involving his wife`s murder of a British businessman was exposed last year, embarrassing the party and disrupting its preparations for a pivotal leadership transition.
Attorney Li Guifang said today in a phone interview that he and colleague Wang Zhaofeng will represent Bo. He had no further details. The lawyers are from a well-known firm that says it has represented government departments and state enterprises on many major projects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed