Ousted Chinese politician`s lawyers close to party
Beijing: Ousted Chinese politician Bo Xilai, who is accused of corruption, will be represented by two Beijing-based attorneys from a large Chinese law firm that enjoys national prestige and close ties to the ruling Communist Party.
Bo was once a high-flying contender for a top post until a scandal involving his wife`s murder of a British businessman was exposed last year, embarrassing the party and disrupting its preparations for a pivotal leadership transition.
Attorney Li Guifang said today in a phone interview that he and colleague Wang Zhaofeng will represent Bo. He had no further details. The lawyers are from a well-known firm that says it has represented government departments and state enterprises on many major projects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!