`Palestinian labourers sexually harassed by Israeli women`
Ramallah: Almost 77 percent of the Palestinian labourers working in Israel had been subject to sexual harassment by Israeli women, a report has claimed.
A recent field study conducted by the Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics also claimed that Palestinian labourers working are at a high risk of sexual harassment by Israeli women.
Shaher Saad, the President of the Union of the Palestinian Labourer Federations, pointed out Palestinians face a real problem with the labourers who work in Israel on permits other than the official legal work permits.
According to Gulf News, he stressed that the problem increased further with the illegal labourers who are smuggled into Israel and spend days and weeks there for work.
Saad said those labourers usually are blackmailed, harassed and forced to get involved in illicit and intimate affairs.
He also said Palestinian labourers should be extremely careful inside Israel knowing that some Israelis will take advantage of the labourers and harm them.
“The Israelis only care for their joy and interests and pay no attention or consider judicial consequences when they handle Palestinian labourers,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan