Palestinians, Israeli soldiers clash in West Bank
Ramallah: Palestinians have clashed with Israeli troops during rallies across the West Bank in support of hunger-striking Palestinian prisoners and against Israel`s security barrier.
Mohammed Samhan of the Red Crescent says dozens of protesters were treated for injuries caused by rubber bullets and tear gas inhalation on Friday. Israel`s military says hundreds of Palestinians threw rocks and firebombs at the soldiers.
The protesters demanded the release of Palestinian prisoners on hunger strike in Israeli jails, warning of backlash if any of them die.
In Bilin, villagers marked eight years of protests against a barrier Israel says it erected to keep out Palestinian suicide bombers following a wave of violence in the last decade.
Palestinians say the barrier is a land grab that cuts them off from their land in some places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- 14 athletes in 2008 Beijing Games positive in new drug tests: Russian Olympic Committee
- Afghan Taliban confirm death of chief Mullah Mansour, appoint new leader
- Angry African diplomats seek answers from Indian govt over attacks and harassment
- 7th pay commission: Secretaries group to submit report on revised pay structures by June end
- Jose Mourinho: Former Chelsea boss is all set to become Mancheser United's new manager