Palestinians, Israeli soldiers clash in West Bank
Ramallah: Palestinians have clashed with Israeli troops during rallies across the West Bank in support of hunger-striking Palestinian prisoners and against Israel`s security barrier.
Mohammed Samhan of the Red Crescent says dozens of protesters were treated for injuries caused by rubber bullets and tear gas inhalation on Friday. Israel`s military says hundreds of Palestinians threw rocks and firebombs at the soldiers.
The protesters demanded the release of Palestinian prisoners on hunger strike in Israeli jails, warning of backlash if any of them die.
In Bilin, villagers marked eight years of protests against a barrier Israel says it erected to keep out Palestinian suicide bombers following a wave of violence in the last decade.
Palestinians say the barrier is a land grab that cuts them off from their land in some places.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Check out how Malaika Arora Khan reacted when asked about Arbaaz Khan
- Beware! Long sitting hours increase heart attack risk
- NHPC share sale fully subscribed; govt to get Rs 2,700 crore
- Aware of Matiouze Royer's strenghts, Vijender Singh ready to spend more time in ring for fifth pro fight
- Single antibody infusions found promising against HIV