Phone-hacking: Rebekah Brooks bailed by UK court
London: Former News International chief executive Rebekah Brooks, who appeared in court on Wednesday to face charges related to the News of The World phone-hacking scandal, has been bailed for a fortnight.
Brooks, her husband, Charlie, and the four others have been bailed to June 22.
The six defendants will now appear at Southwark crown court.
Brooks, 44, also the former editor of The Sun, faces three charges of conspiracy to pervert the course of justice, including that she removed boxes of material from the News International archive and tried to conceal documents, computers and other material from the multimillion-pound Scotland Yard inquiry.
The charges, made last month, were the first to be brought by the investigation into phone-hacking, computer hacking and corruption.
Brooks appeared at Westminster Magistrates` Court in London alongside her husband Charlie.
Her husband faces a single charge of conspiring to pervert the course of justice with Brooks.
Cheryl Carter, Brooks` personal assistant, Mark Hanna, head of security at News International, Paul Edwards, Brooks` chauffeur, and security consultant Daryl Jorsling also each face a single charge of conspiring to pervert the course of justice.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand