Plane makes emergency landing as drunk women cause trouble
London: A British Airways flight on way to Tunisia had to make an emergency landing in France after two drunken middle-aged women on board tried to force their way into the cockpit.
The women -- aged 50 and 43 -- swore in front of children and refused to return to their seats after drinking a flavoured rum straight from the bottle, the Daily Mail reported.
One passenger said the women even threatened to track down and kill the family of a stewardess on the flight from Gatwick airport to Tunisia.
It was later claimed the women hid in the Boeing 737-400`s toilet for a smoke.
The pilot diverted to Lyon, where French police boarded and held the women in custody for a night. They were then put on a return flight.
"They decided they were going to meet the captain and marched towards the cockpit. It was very frightening," a passenger was quoted as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video