Plea before Kerala HC to bring back teenager`s UAE husband
Kochi: The mother of a 17-year-old girl has sought the intervention of the Kerala High Court to bring back Mohammed Jasim, a national of the United Arab Emirates, who married her daughter and then divorced her 13 days later.
Accepting the petition, the court directed the police to ready a detailed report on the incident.
The girl, a student of Class 12, alleged that she "married" the UAE national June 13 this year, in Kozhikode district.
The girl said that she married the UAE national under pressure from a Muslim orphanage that helped in meeting her expenses and offered the family support after her father died.
After the marriage, the couple spent time in resorts in Kozhikode. Her "husband" suddenly left the country after 17 days.
When news of this incident first surfaced in the media in August, the police swung into action and arrested three people for being party to the marriage, including the mother of the UAE national, a woman who is a native of Kerala.
The woman`s second husband and a cousin of the girl who was misled into the marriage were also arrested.
All three are now out on bail.
Police investigations revealed that the "absconding" UAE national`s father was an Arab.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- LIVE: Jallikattu protests turn violent, vehicles near Ice House Police station set on fire
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP