PM Putin tags polar bear in Russia`s Arctic
Moscow: Prime Minister Vladimir Putin is
playing the eco warrior in Russia`s Arctic, helping scientists
track endangered polar bears and calling for a clean up of the
Putin travelled to Franz Josef Land, off the northwest
coast of Russia`s mainland, today in the latest display of his
prowess as an adventurer.
Wearing a bright red coat and cap, the 57-year-old
premier kneeled at the head of a tranquilised polar bear to
attach a satellite-tracking collar, then helped elevate the
sedated beast for weighing. He shook its paw and uttered the
words: "Be well."
Putin also called for thousands of barrels of Soviet-era
fuel littering the region to be removed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan