PM Putin tags polar bear in Russia`s Arctic
Moscow: Prime Minister Vladimir Putin is
playing the eco warrior in Russia`s Arctic, helping scientists
track endangered polar bears and calling for a clean up of the
Putin travelled to Franz Josef Land, off the northwest
coast of Russia`s mainland, today in the latest display of his
prowess as an adventurer.
Wearing a bright red coat and cap, the 57-year-old
premier kneeled at the head of a tranquilised polar bear to
attach a satellite-tracking collar, then helped elevate the
sedated beast for weighing. He shook its paw and uttered the
words: "Be well."
Putin also called for thousands of barrels of Soviet-era
fuel littering the region to be removed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?