Poland responsible for Euro 2012 security: Putin
Moscow: Russian President Vladimir Putin reminded Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk of Poland`s responsibility as a country co-hosting the Euro 2012 for the security of football fans, Putin`s spokesman said.
"The Russian President expressed concern over the situation with Russian fans. Putin underlined that he considered the organisers of similar international tournaments are in charge of ensuring foreign football fans` safety," said Dmitry Peskov.
The conversation of both leaders followed after 180 people were arrested over clashes involving Polish and Russian football fans in Warsaw ahead of the Euro 2012 match between the two nations.
The spokesman also said the two leaders, who spoke to each other over the telephone, discussed other issues concerning Russian-Polish relations, including energy and trade cooperation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi