Poland responsible for Euro 2012 security: Putin
Moscow: Russian President Vladimir Putin reminded Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk of Poland`s responsibility as a country co-hosting the Euro 2012 for the security of football fans, Putin`s spokesman said.
"The Russian President expressed concern over the situation with Russian fans. Putin underlined that he considered the organisers of similar international tournaments are in charge of ensuring foreign football fans` safety," said Dmitry Peskov.
The conversation of both leaders followed after 180 people were arrested over clashes involving Polish and Russian football fans in Warsaw ahead of the Euro 2012 match between the two nations.
The spokesman also said the two leaders, who spoke to each other over the telephone, discussed other issues concerning Russian-Polish relations, including energy and trade cooperation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you