Police arrest 6 at Occupy Sydney protest site
Sydney: Police have arrested six demonstrators while pulling down tents and posters at the Occupy Sydney protest site in Australia`s largest city.
Police said in a statement that three men and three women had been taken to a police station in downtown Sydney after the raid early Thursday. The demonstrators are expected to be charged with breaching city bylaws.
The activists are part of a worldwide protest against corporate greed.
Dozens of protesters have been arrested since the Occupy Sydney movement first camped in a downtown pedestrian mall in October.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack