Police arrest 6 at Occupy Sydney protest site
Sydney: Police have arrested six demonstrators while pulling down tents and posters at the Occupy Sydney protest site in Australia`s largest city.
Police said in a statement that three men and three women had been taken to a police station in downtown Sydney after the raid early Thursday. The demonstrators are expected to be charged with breaching city bylaws.
The activists are part of a worldwide protest against corporate greed.
Dozens of protesters have been arrested since the Occupy Sydney movement first camped in a downtown pedestrian mall in October.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees