Police arrest 6 at Occupy Sydney protest site
Sydney: Police have arrested six demonstrators while pulling down tents and posters at the Occupy Sydney protest site in Australia`s largest city.
Police said in a statement that three men and three women had been taken to a police station in downtown Sydney after the raid early Thursday. The demonstrators are expected to be charged with breaching city bylaws.
The activists are part of a worldwide protest against corporate greed.
Dozens of protesters have been arrested since the Occupy Sydney movement first camped in a downtown pedestrian mall in October.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins