Police arrest 6 at Occupy Sydney protest site
Sydney: Police have arrested six demonstrators while pulling down tents and posters at the Occupy Sydney protest site in Australia`s largest city.
Police said in a statement that three men and three women had been taken to a police station in downtown Sydney after the raid early Thursday. The demonstrators are expected to be charged with breaching city bylaws.
The activists are part of a worldwide protest against corporate greed.
Dozens of protesters have been arrested since the Occupy Sydney movement first camped in a downtown pedestrian mall in October.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof