Police defuse 6 homemade bombs in Bangkok
Bangkok: Thai police say they have defused six homemade bombs found in Bangkok and arrested one suspect.
Police say they found the bombs early Friday in three locations in eastern Bangkok after they followed the suspect before arresting him.
Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yubumrung said some of the bombs were similar to one found on a traffic island in front of the Government Lottery Office on Dec. 6. Police safely disposed of that bomb.
Chalerm has ordered security tightened during the New Year`s season.
On New Year`s Eve in 2006, eight bombs exploded through the night in eight Bangkok locations. Three people were killed and 38 wounded. No suspects were arrested for those blasts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley