Pope Benedict XVI condemns child abuse by priests
Vatican City: Pope Benedict XVI is condemning the abuse of children by priests, saying the church will never stop deploring such behavior.
Benedict says that for centuries the Catholic Church had shown its commitment to loving and respecting children and ensuring their basic human rights are respected.
But he says, "Unfortunately in some cases, some of its members — acting in contrast to this commitment — have violated these rights, a behavior that the church hasn`t, and won`t ever stop deploring and condemning."
Benedict`s comments Monday to members of the Pontifical Council for the Family came as he is finalizing a letter to the Irish faithful concerning the Irish church`s sex abuse and cover-up scandal. Four bishops have announced their resignations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred