Pope Benedict XVI condemns child abuse by priests
Vatican City: Pope Benedict XVI is condemning the abuse of children by priests, saying the church will never stop deploring such behavior.
Benedict says that for centuries the Catholic Church had shown its commitment to loving and respecting children and ensuring their basic human rights are respected.
But he says, "Unfortunately in some cases, some of its members — acting in contrast to this commitment — have violated these rights, a behavior that the church hasn`t, and won`t ever stop deploring and condemning."
Benedict`s comments Monday to members of the Pontifical Council for the Family came as he is finalizing a letter to the Irish faithful concerning the Irish church`s sex abuse and cover-up scandal. Four bishops have announced their resignations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune