Pope Benedict XVI condemns child abuse by priests
Vatican City: Pope Benedict XVI is condemning the abuse of children by priests, saying the church will never stop deploring such behavior.
Benedict says that for centuries the Catholic Church had shown its commitment to loving and respecting children and ensuring their basic human rights are respected.
But he says, "Unfortunately in some cases, some of its members — acting in contrast to this commitment — have violated these rights, a behavior that the church hasn`t, and won`t ever stop deploring and condemning."
Benedict`s comments Monday to members of the Pontifical Council for the Family came as he is finalizing a letter to the Irish faithful concerning the Irish church`s sex abuse and cover-up scandal. Four bishops have announced their resignations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown