Pope Francis most-popular name on Internet in 2013!
Washington: Despite celebrities working hard to be the most prominent name on the Internet, nothing could lead Pope Francis to be the most-used name in 2013, while error 404 is the most-used word this year.
An annual survey by US-based Global Language Monitor trawls the web and ranks the most commonly featured words based on how many times they appear online throughout English-speaking countries.
According to news.com.au, the firm scans blogs, social media and news sites from the leading 275,000 print and electronic outlets around the world.
It was discovered that Pope Francis was also the top name on the interwebs, while his Twitter handle ‘@Pontifex’ was the top fourth word used on the Internet.
The top ten words used on the web in 2013 include
5. The Optix
The top ten names used on the web in 2013 include
1. Pope Francis
4. Ed Snowden
5. Kate Middleton
7. Ted Cruz
8. Chris Christin
9. Tea Party
10. Marathon Bombers
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister