Pope Francis most-popular name on Internet in 2013!
Washington: Despite celebrities working hard to be the most prominent name on the Internet, nothing could lead Pope Francis to be the most-used name in 2013, while error 404 is the most-used word this year.
An annual survey by US-based Global Language Monitor trawls the web and ranks the most commonly featured words based on how many times they appear online throughout English-speaking countries.
According to news.com.au, the firm scans blogs, social media and news sites from the leading 275,000 print and electronic outlets around the world.
It was discovered that Pope Francis was also the top name on the interwebs, while his Twitter handle ‘@Pontifex’ was the top fourth word used on the Internet.
The top ten words used on the web in 2013 include
5. The Optix
The top ten names used on the web in 2013 include
1. Pope Francis
4. Ed Snowden
5. Kate Middleton
7. Ted Cruz
8. Chris Christin
9. Tea Party
10. Marathon Bombers
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Watch: Videos show German-Iranian gunman going on rampage in Munich
- Heavy rain in China kills at least 24, millions evacuated
- Defence Minister Parrikar leaves for Chennai to monitor ops of missing IAF AN 32
- Pakistan has been crying for Kashmir ever since independence: NPP
- Harshvardhan is more hardworking than me which is very surprising, says Anil Kapoor