Pope Francis most-popular name on Internet in 2013!
Washington: Despite celebrities working hard to be the most prominent name on the Internet, nothing could lead Pope Francis to be the most-used name in 2013, while error 404 is the most-used word this year.
An annual survey by US-based Global Language Monitor trawls the web and ranks the most commonly featured words based on how many times they appear online throughout English-speaking countries.
According to news.com.au, the firm scans blogs, social media and news sites from the leading 275,000 print and electronic outlets around the world.
It was discovered that Pope Francis was also the top name on the interwebs, while his Twitter handle ‘@Pontifex’ was the top fourth word used on the Internet.
The top ten words used on the web in 2013 include
5. The Optix
The top ten names used on the web in 2013 include
1. Pope Francis
4. Ed Snowden
5. Kate Middleton
7. Ted Cruz
8. Chris Christin
9. Tea Party
10. Marathon Bombers
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon