Pope Francis most-popular name on Internet in 2013!
Washington: Despite celebrities working hard to be the most prominent name on the Internet, nothing could lead Pope Francis to be the most-used name in 2013, while error 404 is the most-used word this year.
An annual survey by US-based Global Language Monitor trawls the web and ranks the most commonly featured words based on how many times they appear online throughout English-speaking countries.
According to news.com.au, the firm scans blogs, social media and news sites from the leading 275,000 print and electronic outlets around the world.
It was discovered that Pope Francis was also the top name on the interwebs, while his Twitter handle ‘@Pontifex’ was the top fourth word used on the Internet.
The top ten words used on the web in 2013 include
5. The Optix
The top ten names used on the web in 2013 include
1. Pope Francis
4. Ed Snowden
5. Kate Middleton
7. Ted Cruz
8. Chris Christin
9. Tea Party
10. Marathon Bombers
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- Centre to replace J&K governor? Five names doing rounds as his successor
- Arun Jaitley pitches for BRICS arbitration platform
- Labour Unions adamant on Sept 2 strike; Datatterya, Goyal hold meeting
- Ricoh India promoters get NCLT nod to recapitalise company
- Amit Chandra joins Tata Sons as non-executive director