Prince Harry`s murder plotter jailed for three years
London: Ashraf Islam, who was charged with threats to kill Prince Harry, has been sentenced to three years in prison.
Judge Richard McGregor-Johnson said that 31-year-old Islam had "given considerable thought" to the plot and believed that he had the "moral right" to kill the third in line to the throne because he was a member of the Armed Forces, Sky News reported.
McGregor-Johnson asserted that the examination of Islam`s computer revealed that he conducted research on the 29-year-old prince`s whereabouts and intentions.
The judge added even though Islam`s plot was "vague and unlikely to succeed", he presented a risk to the public.
Islam pleaded guilty to threatening to kill Harry, saying that he had a personality disorder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Quikr acquires Hiree, to focus on innovating in jobs space
- ICICI, Axis banks join Swift's global payments initiative
- Hrithik Roshan, Pooja Hegde drench in colours of old-age romance in 'Sarsariya' from 'Mohenjo Daro'!
- Wayne Rooney aims to take up coaching after retirement
- Need for 'Sharia' like laws to check crimes against women: MNS chief Raj Thackeray