Prince Harry`s murder plotter jailed for three years
London: Ashraf Islam, who was charged with threats to kill Prince Harry, has been sentenced to three years in prison.
Judge Richard McGregor-Johnson said that 31-year-old Islam had "given considerable thought" to the plot and believed that he had the "moral right" to kill the third in line to the throne because he was a member of the Armed Forces, Sky News reported.
McGregor-Johnson asserted that the examination of Islam`s computer revealed that he conducted research on the 29-year-old prince`s whereabouts and intentions.
The judge added even though Islam`s plot was "vague and unlikely to succeed", he presented a risk to the public.
Islam pleaded guilty to threatening to kill Harry, saying that he had a personality disorder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why